Paratransit, Inc. Maintenance Division
Well known as "Transportation Specialists" for our disabled and elderly community, Paratransit, Inc., proudly has another reputation, that of "Transportation Maintenance Experts".
Our commitment to safety reaches beyond our passengers, buses and vans. Our community transportation partners depend on us for their vehicle safety inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs. One of our many specialties is repairing accessibility equipment (lifts and ramps) and vehicles adapted for disabled drivers. Unlike many repair facilities, we are in the business of servicing fleets. We understand the time constraints all of us face and how important personalized customer service is. We pride ourselves not only in the quality and timeliness of completing inspections, routine maintenance and repairs, but also in efficiently handling appointments and inquiries.
We repair all types of vehicles: sedans; vans; small, medium, large and heavy duty buses (both body-on-chassis and purpose built) including gasoline, diesel and alternative fueled engine types. Our technicians are ASE certified and most of our supervisors and managers each have more than 15 years of service with our organization, a commitment with a smile.
Our facility is state of the art with superior equipment and technology. The property is secure and fenced with surveillance cameras throughout the facility and perimeter. Our parts department, welding and machine centers are on the premises, located within the maintenance area.
Paratransit, Inc. is committed to clean energy and providing for a sustainable environment. We were the first facility in Sacramento to install an elaborate storm water retention system to handle wash water and storm water run-off. Our ability to capture and filter run-off ensures we are not emitting pollutants into Morrison Creek, the nearest tributary to our facility. We utilize skylights and T-5 lighting to increase our energy efficiency. Whenever possible, our staff use our aqueous (water based) parts cleaner as opposed to our solvent based parts cleaner. This significantly lowers our use of high VOC content chemicals. All waste coolant, motor oil, transmission fluid, batteries, metals and tires are recycled. Our maintenance department uses a sophisticated paperless software program to track our technicians' time, work orders and invoices significantly reducing unnecessary paper consumption and its expense.
Our maintenance division plays a significant role generating revenue necessary to our organization. As a non-profit entity, we rely on this economic support and public funding in order to provide transportation service to our disabled and elderly community.
Here is what our maintenance customers have to say about our service:
- "I really believe that the maintenance department values our business. The entire maintenance department treats Sutter SeniorCare's drivers and myself with a great deal of respect. We use Paratransit exclusively for all vehicle maintenance and repairs. They respect our Policy and Procedures and follow up with unexpected repairs. Our vehicles have passed the annual DOT inspections with all satisfactory ratings with no write-ups since Paratransit, Inc. has started servicing and repairing our vehicles. I have been approached countless times from various companies about using their maintenance services. 'Not Happening.' Before I get through explaining what Paratransit, Inc. does for us, the representative says it sounds like you're being treated very well.
I am honored to give Paratransit, Inc. praise, it's so well deserved."
- Victoria Torfin, Transportation Supervisor, Sutter SeniorCare PACE
- "All repair services and inspections performed on my commercial vehicles at Paratransit's repair facility can be summed up as: Quality Service, Competitive Rates and Customer Service, second to none, from management down to their experienced mechanics. Thanks to everyone at the facility for their excellent work."
- Mike Steiner, CEO, Yellow Cab Co. of Elk Grove
- "Paratransit's maintenance department is doing a tremendous job maintaining the ADA buses loaned to ACC Rides, as well as ACC owned vehicles. The maintenance crew is knowledgeable and well versed when it comes to repairing vehicles big or small. They are very accommodating and reliable experts. Whenever we have problems with our vehicles, we are always advised to bring it in, so that they can check the vehicle. If the vehicle needs to be kept for any reasons, they always have a back-up plan. There were several instances when we needed an extra vehicle for field trips, and the guys never turned us down. I can always count on your crew. The ACC Rides Transportation Program is very fortunate to work with your maintenance staff; they are precise with their evaluation of the problem and repair the vehicles in a timely manner. On top of that, I love the constant reminder that it is time for us to bring our vehicles in for maintenance. I know how busy they get, but they take the time to give us a courtesy call. I don't get the chance to tell your staff, We at ACC appreciate all of your hard work. Great job!"
- Virginia E. Campbell-Wieneke, Transportation Specialist, Asian Community Center
- "UCP of Greater Sacramento has a long history of great service from Paratransit's maintenance division: from their mechanics to their state of the art service bays, Paratransit produces quality work for UCP. Paratransit provides an essential service for UCP by helping us meet our yearly Department of Transportation requirements by keeping us abreast of our preventative maintenance schedule and maintaining our service records."
- Diane Fournier, Director of Programs and Services, United Cerebral Palsy